For this whole coming month I've been given a work which reduces to allowing a pair of gadgets hosted on sidebar to communicate with each other.. After a lot of brain probing the only solution I could come up with yesterday was to use file I/O streams.. I was under a impression than that's a brilliant idea and no one could come with .. But the instance I was conveying this to my mentor.. I realized that it was a blunder.. cause it would again device a famous operating system producer-consumer problem.. In addition it would also bring down the efficiency of my work (file I/O tend to make things move up to a very low pace)..
But today it turned out that I certainly have few more options .. The yet another solution that could have worked was to modify the registry values .. The gadget which had to trigger the event would write into the registry the arguments to be passed to the receiver(which could be easily accomplished owing the accessibility of Gadget API to registry ..) Additionally since registry was being involved it would take next to no time for execution..The only setback was that there would be no mechanism for the receiver to be informed about this writing being completed.(yet another cropped down instance of producer-consumer prob).
ActiveXobject proved out to be ray of hope for my task right now .. Asap i've to bring my theory to practice and formulate a quick and dirty method to test this guess (although my mentor had signalled a green flag to it ) ..Let's see how this gets routed up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment