Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm into a deep pit again .. After working tirelessly for two weeks using the internet connection providing to it's maximum content, getting grossly confused over every damn li'l details I'm again stuck up...
As I've already mentioned I'm creating a brand new object that can be accessed through ActiveXObject in HTML pages. Microsoft (apart from being always cursed by open source lovers..) has certainly extended the user's capability of control over the operating system by introducing the ActiveXObjects..Astonishingly (only for those who're naive ) these objects can also create instances of the DLLs registered onto the system.
Lemme summarize my two weeks achievements in a nutshell starting from a scratch :
1) Create a new ATL ( Active Template Library ) project. You can also opt for creating a new MFC activexobject project but it turns out that ATL has almost the same capabilities yet it is light weighted and more user friendly (and hence, less of mind boggling function names and awefull horrifying parameters management)
2) See for the sample projects available in the HELP provided by the Microsoft Visual Studio and opt for the one which approximates your needs.(I've used something similar to this )
3) Create your project (don't go for blindly copying n pasting the code available..understand every suttle details and the necessity for you doing it)
4) Build the project
5) The moment you go for building the project the dll of your corresponding project would automatically be registered (very obviously until n unless you've run into some error which would be shown up in the o/p window).
Eureka !! Once you're done all these you can create a new object by calling it through ActiveXObject
For instantiating an object of this dll you need the following syntax ( this itself took a day for me to find out~ Finally no help was available on net and I came up with this of my own)
var active_x_object=new ActiveXObject("progid");
The PROGID variable is the name which appears in the header file of the project you're creating.

Now that I'm over this problem I'm stuck it yet another one...I've to imitate the functionality provided by dojo.publish & dojo.subscribe..(for which only the All Mighty Above can show me the path)
One of the drawback is that I'm falling acutely short of time..(which is a gross loss to my mentor but on the other hand I'd back to my home yippie )
Hence...the homework for me for this weekend would be to come up with a miraculous solution.....:)
By the way from now on the countdown for my internship to complete begins..

DAY LEFT FOR INTERNSHIP TO END : 18

No comments:

Post a Comment